Latest news from Ken Woodward
Lattitude’s highly anticipated film The Diary has been the topic of conversation among individuals in the Health and Safety world of recent weeks. This powerful training film tells the true extent of the damage caused by Ken Woodward’s accident, in his wife Sue’s own words.
A diary she kept of the weeks and months after the near-fatal accident in which her husband lost three of his five senses, is the subject of this new unforgettable film.
“The Diary is a real, compelling story of love, pain, heartache and hope” – Bob Cameron, former Vice President, Coca-Cola
Ken’s previous training film, Hindsight, is now an international phenomenon. Translated into well over 30 languages, Ken’s story is being heard all over the world by thousands every day.
Now, for the first time ever, he goes one step further to reveal the trauma that followed the accident. In The Diary he talks openly about the physical effects as well as the long-term psychological consequences that are still affecting his whole family to this day.
“Amazing… in tears and laughing” – Jennifer Deeney, leading safety speaker
Watch The Diary online now to find out what everyone is talking about.
The world's most inspiring speaker
In a horrifying workplace accident, Ken Woodward lost his eyesight as well as his sense of taste and smell. It left his family devastated and his colleagues traumatised.
Like all accidents, it could have been prevented. From that moment on he was determined to do all he could to make sure it didn't happen to anyone else.
Since then, his dedication towards creating positive safety cultures and setting new standards has improved the working lives of thousands of people and changed the way hundreds of organisations operate.
Over the last decade he has become a globally recognised figure, providing people with the awareness, mindset and confidence to comfortably approach occupational safety issues with a fresh perspective.
Astonishingly, in one year alone, he made 112 flights, 19 overseas trips and 285 presentations to stop others being hurt.
Interesting facts about KenSince his accident Ken has:
- Ridden a Harley Davidson motorcycle
- Been tandem freefall parachuting
- Driven at over 90mph around a race track.
- Learned how to play guitar
- Abseiled three times
- Lectured in Europe, Asia, North America and Australasia
- Was key note speaker at the 2002 IOSH Conference
- Presented to 1420 people in a single training session in Ireland
- Flew a plane around the British Isles to raise funds for the RNIB
- Landed on Blackpool beach in a helicopter
- In one year: made 112 flights, 19 overseas trips and 285 presentations to stop others being hurt
- He was born in 1950 at Dudley Road Hospital in Birmingham
- While growing up Ken often saw Ozzy Osbourne roaming around.
- Ken has three boys and one daughter.
- He is a soccer fan and supports Aston Villa Football Club
- Ken appeared on UK TV on Channel 4's Moment Of Crisis with his son.
- Appeared on TV (NBC) in the US.
- Broadcast on BBC radio and ABC radio in Australia.
- Infamously, Ken once put his hand on Lily Savage's knee on the Big Breakfast Show mistaking him/her for Gaby Roslin. It was later he discovered that Lily Savage is a drag artist!
- Ken used to be a lecturer in an Art college.
- He has met the Queen, Prince Phillip and Prince Andrew.
- Amongist his favourite music are bands UB40, Dire Straits, The Eagles. Ken also takes an interest in Classical Music.
Lattitude Productions specialises in making training films with a difference.
Lattitude has worked closely with Ken to produce two training programmes that not only truly reflect the affects of his accident, but also explore what he has learned from his experiences.
Both Hindsight and Lessons From A Blind School reflect Ken's inspiring and moving safety message, providing safety trainers with the powerful tools needed to create truly world-class safety cultures.
Extensive support material accompanies Ken Woodward's Official Training films.
These extensive notes have been compiled with the help of Martin Woodall, Lattitude's leading behavioural safety consultant who investigated the the accident with Ken.
We are happy to send you the entire training package including the support material for evaluation. Request a preview of any Lattitude Productions package.
You can find out more about the films and watch them NOW online. Just log in over at the Lattitude website.